Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The first snow of the season here in Dayton

This morning we woke up to 3 or so inches of snow and it was still coming down. The dogs had a great time playing in it. They were racing all over the yard. They didn't seem to mind the cold. When they came in they had quite a bit of snow stuck in their fur. I got some of it off but didn't worry about the rest because it is just water. However apparently that wasn't good enough for Toby who proceed to lick all the clumps off and eat them! Silly dog. Quincy on the other hand could have cared less. The two of them just crack me up.

The road weren't bad yet they still canceled school for all of the local districts. I miss snow days! There were some kids out playing when I went to work around 9am. I think the last snow day I had was in college when we got several feet of very wet snow. I can remember walking home the day it started down folsom hill in 6-12 inches of very slushy snow. I was wet up to my thighs and freezing when I got home. The next day I can remember tying plastic bags over my shoes and walking to Sean's house. I didn't have any boots at the time. He thought I looked really silly but it mostly kept my feet dry. I have boots now! I had to buy some when we lived in Mass.

Any one having any other entertaining snow day stories they want to share?

23 comments:

Chris said...

My friends and I used to haul our sleds up to the water tower in Broomfield and spend all day going up and down those hills. We would build little jumps, and spend a lot of time trying to ice the runs so we could go faster! I fear that my children will never get to experience sledding, having a wife that is a pediatrician is putting a serious damper on that. She sees a ton of sledding and ATV accidents at work, surprisingly those two are often combined (they use the ATV's to pull kids up the hill) which is where most of the injuries come from. Sledder vs. ATV is never a good thing!

Unknown said...

so it snowed here in seattle before it snowed in Ohio. Darn Global warning! Max will be jealose. He has been asking for more snow since it melted on sunday.

Anonymous said...

One summer my family went up to St Mary's glacier, where I got to play in the snow a bit. It was pretty fun until a guy almost skied over me. Last year when we had the big snow I tried to make an igloo in our front yard - we have this big divit where I removed a bush, and I thought it would help to have the interior already lower than the base of the walls. It was going pretty well, but soon realized I needed a snow saw or something similar to shape the blocks. Ah well, maybe we'll get another big one this year (grin)

Chris said...

Time for a new post

Chris said...

more blogs

Chris said...

More Blogs (said like Will Ferrell says "More Cowbell!")

Chris said...

Blooooooooooooog blog bloggity blog

Chris said...

B
L
O
G

Chris said...

B B B B
L L L L
O O O O
G G G G

Chris said...

The best part about it snowing in Dayton is you get an opportunity to cuddle up in front a fireplace and BLOG!

Chris said...

Happy New Years eve, now blog!

Chris said...

2008 is a great year for the aspiring blogger to actually blog!

Chris said...

Must have had a New Years hangover, but now it is back to work and back to normal life. Blog like you have never blogged before!

Chris said...

We miss your blogs Katy, come back and blog for all of us to enjoy. Blog.

Chris said...

Ok, now I'm really going through withdrawals here! I'm all shaky, my skin itches, I've been twitching. I need more blogs from Katy!

Chris said...

We're on like the 15th snow of the season already. Must be nice to have only 1 snow a year.....

Anonymous said...

Cute only gets you so far, so now it's time to blog some more.

Chris said...

"ph34r t3h cute ones"....Ph34r they don't blog anymore!

Chris said...

Maybe it is still snowing in Dayton, they could be up to 34 feet of snow by now!

Chris said...

Geesh - I need a new picture!

Chris said...

Hello-o-o-o-o-o-o-o (as in an echo).
Anybody out there-e-e-e-e-e-e? (echo)

Chris said...

Doctor, get the paddles.....stat. This blog is going into cardiac arrest!

Anonymous said...

need mo posts!