Sunday, January 13, 2008

your demands answered!

At least the two of you who apparently still check my blog! Guys I seriously just read your 23 comments today at 9:09 pm. I felt so love and needed, oh and laughed my butt off....I mean who knew I had such dedicated reader that they would post me a comment everyday.

Now on to a more serious topic. Part of the reason I have not been posting is that I have SAD (seasonal affective disorder) Some days it was hard to motivate myself to do much of anything besides go to work. However the good news is that I'm getting help and treatment. I can't wait for my new sunrise alarm clock to come and I'm in the process of ordering a light visor.

To fill those of you in that aren't familar with SAD, it is a sub category of depression. Doctors believe that is has to do with not getting enough sunshine because is usually affects people in the winter. Although apparently there are some cases of people having depression in the summer. For the past three winters I've been down in the dumps. Last winter I went on a low dose of anti-depressants. At the time I didn't realize it was SAD. I just thought it had to with the prospect of moving again. However this winter when I was still on the anti-depressants and feeling crappy still I began to wonder. I was so happy all spring, summer, and fall and there is nothing wrong in my life. My job is good and furry babies are good, sean and I are good, so seriously what gives!

I blame it on all the Colorado sunshine. I mean its cold and it snows but it hardly ever stays gray for more than a day or two. This is definately not the case in Dayton and wasn't the case in Boston either.

So for now I will continue the meds, light therapy, and exercise. I'm also starting to plan my garden for the summer. Stay posted for reviews on the new alarm clock and garden plans.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Bridget and I used to really get SAD symptoms when we were in Rochester. We would each gain 20-25 pounds each winter (I know that isn't want you really want to hear)but we would work most of it off in the summer time. Bridget says she still gets it from time to time now in SLC. The lights are a great solution, and taking advantage of any sunny days you get in the winter. I know Rochester was gray from October until April...so you might have to hang in there kiddo!

Chris said...

Thanks for blogging again!!!

Shari said...

Glad to see that you posted on your blog! Miss you!!!!!

Robyn said...

welcome back lady!

Anonymous said...

Yay! A Blog entry!!