Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A day in the life of Me

I thought I should probably provide some insight as to why I haven't been posting lately so here is an accounting of an average day in my life.

6:30-7am - wakeup
7-8am - get tea, pickup kitchen (if still some dishes from the night before), exercise
8-9:15 - shower, get dressed, dry hair, let dog in and out and in and out, get lunch, make oatmeal, pickup house, etc.
9am-6:30pm - drive to work, work and drive home
6:30 - 8pm - change, make dinner, cleanup from dinner
8-9pm - do some housework, lately working outside (mowing lawn, cleaning up my garden, etc.)
9-10pm - start getting ready for bed and spend a little time doing whatever else I need to do (looking stuff up, checking e-mail, cat boxes)
10-10:30 - finish getting ready for bed and maybe read if I'm not to exhausted.
10:30 - 11pm - go to sleep.

So as I can see above I don't have a ton of free time right now. By the time I get to 9pm I'm usually exhausted and just want to go to bed. Unfortunately I'm one of those people who can't just go to bed. I have a routine of stuff I do before getting into bed and it generally takes at least an hour. I'm a very routine person. If I don't set my clothes out for work the next day it can take me twice as long to get ready.

Anyways there you have it a typical day in the life of me.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have studied your schedule closely and I believe the problem is the cat box.

Kate said...

lol

Anonymous said...

Wow. You are a busy lady. :) NY

Chris said...

Perhaps you should try some of my time saving techniques, they are real life savers. For starters use double stick tape to tape your dirty dishes to yourself and then turn on your sprinklers while you mow the lawn. Your dishes will sparkle and the lawn will compost the scraps! Instead of trying to read before bed, try this: get your books on mp3 then listen to them while you drive, and while driving to work become proficient with using a laptop and driving. That little trick will clear up 3 things at once, work, reading and driving! If you aren't shy you could put your next day clothes in the car so that you can change and drive that is an easy 4th dimension to speed things along. Finally, if you hook a plow up to the cat he can help till the soil in the garden...make your pest share some of the household chores too!

Chris said...

"pest" was really supposed to read "pets"...Freudian slip?