Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A cold tuesday morning

Not only was it 35 degrees this morning but I locked myself out of my house at 8:30am. Sean and I recently installed a keyed lock on the door from the house to the garage. Well I went out into the garage right before I was about to leave to throw an empty bag of dog food in the trash. I shut the door behind me so Charlie wouldn't sneak into the garage. When I went to open the door and go back in the house it was locked! At first I was in shock like this can't be for real! Yeah, so I had locked the backdoor after letting the dogs in and of course the front door was locked. There is a lock box on the back door from our buyers agent still. I thought I remembered the code, but no luck. Also I'm not actually sure there is still a key in there anyways.

So I had to walk next door to my neighbors house and ring the door bell. I wait a good 2-3 minutes and she answers the door in her house coat and PJs. It is obvious that she has just gotten up which makes me feel awful. Anyways she let me use her phone and thank goddess Sean answers his cell. He rarely answers! So he had to come home and let me in. I spent the next 20-25 minutes in my quite cold garage organizing. I'm still cold!!! Probably will be all day! At least I had real clothes and shoes on, instead of PJs or something.

So lesson learned: Hiding a key in the garage and possibly outside.

2 comments:

Chris said...

That really stinks! I once saw a hide-a-key thing that was made to look like dog poo. That might be prefect for you since you have dogs, nobody would suspect a thing. Only problem is you would have to REALLY remember which one is the hide-a-key and which ones are the real doggie leftovers. Otherwise being locked out in the garage on a 35 degree morning wouldn't be the only unpleasant experience!

Anonymous said...

OH HONEY! Brrr!!!!