Thursday, January 17, 2008

Operation organize craft room

In our new house I have my own room just for me. I painted it a serene blue and put all of my Degas dancers on the walls. I have my papazon chair for curling up and reading as well as my own book case for all of my books. Sean banished my books for sharing any shelf with mine. Apparently his was embarrassed by the trashy romances and other girly books. In addition I have two desks. One is at the regular level and has a pull out drawer that folds down to form a keyboard tray for my ergonomic keyboard and track ball mouse (which doesn't roll as well as it use to thanks to puppy teeth marks.) The other is at counter height so I can stand and cut paper or do other crafts while standing. I also have bar height stool so I can sit at it as well. All of this is fabulous and should be very functional but it is generally a disaster. I need more storage space for all of my craft supplies as well as some other organization for all of my ongoing projects.

To get the ball rolling and add some more storage space, I had Sean take the doors off the closet. I don't use the closet for clothes and decided it would be a lot more function for storage if it was open. It looks good without the doors, minus the ugly beige which still needs to be painted. So this weekend I'm going to scout out a shelf of some kind to put in there. I'm also going to start watching target ads to get some more clear plastic bins with lids. I need more file folders to hold my paper and scraps. I discovered that one of my plastic drawer things has a big drawer that will hold vertical files so I doubled my storage. Hopefully all of that and more will help the space become more productive and less messy.

I have so many craft projects that I want to complete or start or try that I must get this problem under control!!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

So many crafts, so little time.