Sunday, January 13, 2008

A random book review

I have never done this before and may never do it again but I'm going to review a book. I just finished "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" today for my book club. It is the story of two girls who are best friends during their lives. It takes place in ancient China during the time of foot binding and arranged marriages. The book follows Lily and Snow Flower as their lives unfold. One girl has great success and happiness while the other has poverty and sadness. It is beautiful book and one that will have special meaning to anyone who has had or has a very close friend. I highly recommend the book even though I balled my eyes out at the end. Toby even came and sat on my lap to comfort me because I making such horrible noises. It is amazing to me that they have that much perception.

Anyways the book moved me and I will probably read it again someday. So pickup it up if you haven't already read it!

2 comments:

Shari said...

I knew you'd love it! So good!

Robyn said...

fantastic book. good choice.