Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Job search

I'm feeling a little discouraged by my job search. I imagine my expectation are too high. I've sent out at least 5 resumes over the last couple of weeks and haven't heard anything back. Waiting is the tough part. I guess I thought it would quicker or easier or something. If I was staying around here or willing to move somewhere else I think things would be looking at lot better. I get at 2-3 phone calls from head hunters everyday for jobs in the Boston area. Yesterday I got a call from a Woman at Amazon in Seattle wanting to talk to me.

I'm beginning to think now might be a good time for me to start my own business....or something. I wonder if I would be any good at retail! Or perhaps, it a good time to start raising cashmere goats. I wonder how much land you would need to raise goats....

7 comments:

Shari said...

Aren't goats really smelly?

Dan said...

Speaking from some miserable experience, you really just have to stick to it. Continue to send resumes and follow up. Reach out through ANY contacts you can think of. Good luck! You can do it!

brette said...

Job searching is the worst. Are you looking at anything in Columbus or just Dayton and Cincinnati?

Shari said...

Ok, now I feel like a shmuck since everyone else was giving you practical advice...please let me know what I can do to help.

Chris said...

Hang in there, I think it just takes time. Instead of raising goats, why not try kids? Just kidding I know you are sick of hearing that.

Chris said...

Wait a minute, aren't baby goats called kids? I meant the little human kind of kids.....

Robyn said...

avoid goats and try to pursue something in your field. maybe your problem is that you mention goats too many times on your resume? :) seriously, as a professional job searcher, you just need to keep the right attitude. success comes in numbers, so keep your resume out there and circulating. and remember how good of a candidate you are - any place would be lucky to have you.