Tuesday, August 14, 2007

boxes here, boxes there, boxes everywhere!

I came home last night from work to a house full of boxes. The packer came yesterday morning and made quick work of all of our stuff. It is a little strange to have a house full of boxes. The animals are seriously confused. The cat hid the whole time they were packing. Quincy has been very clinging and mopey. Any guesses on how many boxes it took to pack all or our stuff?

Today the movers are loading up the truck. I just talked with Sean and they are apparently making pretty quick work of everything. Charlie is locked in my bathroom so hopefully that will help his nerves. So today I will come home to an empty house. It is going to be pretty weird. Although it looks like our stuff will get delivered Sunday Aug 19th. So we should only beat it there by a day. So I guess that means I'll only be stuff less for 5 days. Which isn't too bad.

Now I just need to figure out how to fit the large pile of stuff that we are moving ourselves into the Beetle and Passat. Luckily I have my secret weapon (aka, my Mom) arriving Thursday morning. She is amazing at packing cars so I have confidence that we'll be able to fit all of it.

5 comments:

Dan said...

Over 100 boxes of stuff! (Sean told me the exact number but I forget). Anyways, I hope everything goes smoothly with the movers.

Shari said...

Me too!

Chris said...

Wow, I would have guessed 75 boxes...I underestimated how much stuff you must have had. When you get a chance you should post your new address or e-mail it to me, just in case......

Robyn said...

that's a whole lot of boxes, wow!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there hon! You have lots of people rooting for you! Call if you need anything!