Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Fun at IKEA

On Saturday Dan, Shari, Sean and I met at Barnes and Noble to pick up our Harry Potter books and then headed down to Ikea. Sean and I wanted to look for bookcases and entertainment stands. Shari and Dan were looking for some organization stuff for their new apartment. We had fun wandering around the store and looking at all the crazy stuff they have. I found a new table for my craft room. See image above. The table height is adjustable. So I can make it counter height so I can stand to do certain things. I also got a barstool to go with it so I can sit if I want. The best part in it has a glass top and there is a 1 inch gap between the glass and the table so I can slide my pattern and my sketches in there so I can see them without cluttering up the top. Plus the legs have some store space. I'm super excited about it. Since we are in the process of moving I won't get to set it up until after we move. Also I got the barstool for 60% off since it was the last one in black since they were discontinuing that color.

Sean was a little annoyed that I got a desk and we didn't get anything that we were looking for. None of the bookcase were quite what we were looking for. Neither were the entertainment tables. I also picked up some glass containers for sugar and flour as well as a magnetic metal strip for knives. I want to hang it on the side of a cabinet by the sink. Knife blocks just take up too much space and seem a little unsanitary.

They are actually going to open an Ikea on the north side of Cincinnati in the fall so I should be able to go back for more home stuff after we get settled in our new house. Also Libby was telling me that there is a Pottery Barn outlet near Beavercreek that often has good stuff. It will be nice to have some extra cabinet space so I can get more dishes for entertaining and stuff. I just love kitchen stuff!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I know this isn't about your IKEA purchase, but I saw it and immediately thought of you. I was checking e-mail and this ad popped up for this purse thing: http://www.bagborroworsteal.com/ I don't know if you have seen it before, but for a person who loves purses it may be just what you need.