Thursday, July 12, 2007

More fence rental fun!

This morning I woke up grumpy. My allergies are driving me nuts so I couldn't breathe I didn't get enough sleep and I really didn't have time to walk Quincy. I decided however that for my sanity it would be better to be late to work and walk Quincy anyway. So we are walking along and he decides he needs to poop. I of course forgot a sack. So I try and stop him but he digs his heels in. Of course the spot he picks is in someones yard and on a busier street in my neighborhood. So Not only do I not have a sack 3 cars go by. Quite embarrassing! After we return home I get a sack and get into my car and drive back to the scene of the crime to pick it up. Of course this had to happen just down the street from my landlord's house. Who is taking out his trash at the time. So finish and turn the car around thinking this is a good time to try and reason with him about the fence. Why I thought this was a good idea I don't know but anyway..... I pull up and explain what I was doing which he sort of gives me a weird look and laughs. I then proceed to ask him about putting a top bar on the fence, since I understood that that was his concern. Well apparently what he is concerned about is someone suing him if they get hurt on the fence. Apparently he talked to him insurance guy about it. So I then ask him if he could just get him tenets to sign a release form or put it in the lease. He doesn't want to mess with it. The only way he would have been okay with us leaving the fence was if we had found a tenet to rent the place that had dogs and wanted the fence.

So basically I think he is mad that we didn't help him find a tenet, because now he has to find one himself! He tried to give us any incentive by putting in our lease renewal that he would knock money off our last month's rent if we found a new tenet. I'm sorry it is not our job to find a new renter. He got quite grumpy with me during this conversation. I could just tell by his facial expression and movements that he was mad. I then made him more mad I think by asking for a copy of our lease since Sean and I miss placed our copy. Part of me really want to say screw you about the fence if it isn't in our lease agreement. However Sean I think is to honest for that.

I'm just so angry about having to take an improvement to the property down! What do you think are the chance of someone suing him because they hurt themselves on the fence. I mean couldn't someone just as easily slip and fall in the bath tub and sue him for that. If fact that probably more likely since the tub doesn't have any preventive mat or stickers for more traction. I've whacked my head on the pedestal sink sweeping up cat litter in our half bath, perhaps I should sue him for that!

I think I'm done ranting, at least for the moment!

2 comments:

Dan said...

That sucks! On the brighter side, I like the new picture of you and Sean all dressed up!

Chris said...

If it were me I'd leave it. I guess you would run the risk of him keeping all or part of your security deposit, but it might be easier than the headache of removing it. Have you tried craigslist for it? Put an add up there that says 300 feet of chain link fence for free, you just have to remove it. I bet you would get a taker or 2. I like the new pic of you and Sean as well, very fancy!