Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Officially home owners

We closed on our house today!!! I just received a call from my buyer's agent that he has the keys. So we are officially home owners. Sean and I are quite excited about the house. On one hand we can't wait to move, on the other we will dearly miss all of our friends and the area. I never imagined that I would come to like this area as much as I do. Or that I would make the close friends I have!!! I'm completely torn and not quite really to say goodbye.

On another note stay tuned for future house updates including wall color choices, floor options, bathroom tile colors, etc.

Possible projects:
1. Paint walls
2. New flooring in kitchen, living room, and entry way.
3. New linoleum tiles in storage room.
4. New vanity in guest bath
5. Re-glaze tiles in both baths (hopefully so we won't have to re-tile)
6. Put in a bigger patio in the backyard
7. Raised beds for my garden next year.
8. New light fixtures
- Entry
- Dining
- Hallway
- bedrooms?
9. Window treatments. (currently super ugly drapes)
- shades
- curtains - maybe
10. Replace back door with french doors or sliding glass door

I'm sure I will come up with more later! So exciting!

4 comments:

Dan said...

Congratulations! That is really exciting news. We are going to miss you guys here, but at the same time, it will be great to own a house out there.

Robyn said...

congrats! i am so excited for you, and can't wait to see the beautiful place!

Chris said...

Pace yourself on the projects, before you know it you will feel like you are hemorrhaging money. We are so excited for you guys, how soon till you make the move?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Congrats! I love you and I am sorry that I forgot Sean's birthday. I was caught up in wedding drama.