Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I haven't lost my mind!


Some of you may be wondering what "ph34r t3h cute ones" means and whether I have completely lost my ability to spell or make coherent sentences. Not this time! The quote come from one of my favorite webcomics megatokyo. The phrase is in leet speak. Here is the definition from wikipedia: "Leet or Leetspeak (often written in Leet as 1337 or 13375p34k, or 13375p33|<) is a writing system used primarily on the Internet, particularly on IRC but nowadays also in most online video games. The term itself is a leet-form of the word elite, and generally has the same meaning when referring to the hacking or the gaming skills of another person." For more information see the whole article.

The phrase is a bit of an inside joke as well as my motto....in college people never believed that I could be mean or intimidating. People would say I was scary like a "fluffy bunny." When I came across "Fear the cute ones" it just seemed to fit me. I think that people under estimate me because I'm nice and sweet most of time however when I have an opinion I'm not afraid to voice it. Sometime it take people by surprise!

3 comments:

Chris said...

People really do thing Katy is a cute fluffy bunny, but this one time at band camp I saw her knock over a little girl with cute little pig tails and steal her lunch money! What a bully.

Anonymous said...

Kate introduced me to Megatokyo, and now I'm trying to learn Japanese! Oh, Kate! You've created a monster! =^) Jon

Anonymous said...

Not taken seriously? I always take it seriously when you make a statement. And I will help you beat up those people that don't. Love you!