Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Charlie's attempt to poision Quincy failed!

Sean and I had a bit of scare last night when we came home from dinner and found Quincy chewing on a bottle of Rx pills. Apparently Charlie had knocked the bottle off the dining room table and batted it into the kitchen where Quincy was confined. Quincy is his infinite wisdom decided that it would be a good chew toy and chewed off a corner spilling out some of the pills. There were 7 partially chewed on pills on the floor and a bunch still in the bottle. So then there was mad counting to figure out how many he might of ingested. We determined that he didn't actually eat any whole just may have ingested some from the chewed on pills. So I then call the emergency number at my vet and then he told me to call animal poison control. I didn't even know there was an animal poison control! Anyways that cost me 55 dollars, of course worth the money. It turned out that he didn't ingest enough to cause to many problems. We just had to watch him for more mild symptoms such as: anxiety, sleepiness, dilated pupils, drunkenness (walking like drunk).

He seems okay last night and this morning so disaster adverted. I got a well deserved lecture from my mom about not leaving those kind of things lying around and for not taking better care of her granddog. Sean is also little mad at me for being careless. I feel awful and will be more careful in the future! My mom also told me to give Charlie a stern look and talking to which I did however I'm not sure he really understood.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Oh my goodness - that's so awful! I'm glad that it worked out ok. Doesn't sound like it was your fault...but what do I know, I've never had any pets.