Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Saddened

I was extremely saddened by yesterday's events at Virginia Tech. It brought back bad memories from the high school and the Columbine tragedy. While I didn't personally know any one who died at Columbine my bestfriend's boyfriend's best friend was killed. A week later a math teacher at our school drowned in her hot tub. She was a good teacher and an awesome person. I had her for 2 years and her death came as shock to our already shook up school. While I can't entirely relate to what the people at that university and in that town are going through my heart goes out to each and everyone of them. I will never understand what causes a person to do something that terrible. I'm not sure what the answer is....do we require everyone to go to conseling or do we abolish the use of firearms....so many questions and no answers.

No comments: