Thursday, April 26, 2007

Children Everywhere and memories!

Today is apparently take you child to work day. There are kids everywhere at work today! One little girl just stop out side my cube and said to her mom that there was a wolf. Her mom said "a real wolf?" and then the little girl said "no a picture". It was so cute. Children just seem to have a way to lighten your day without even really trying. They are just being themselves!

On a related note I think I only attended take your child to work day once. I went to NCAR with my best friend and her dad. I couldn't go with my dad to work because it was to dangerous. For those unaware my father in an electric engineer for General Electric. He works on big power equipment like generators. I did however once get to see the inside of Rudi which is a big hydro-electric dam in glennwood springs Colorado. It was pretty neat. I think we were on the way home from my Hayden (near Steamboat springs) and he wanted to check on something so we stopped by.

My dad is forever the engineer! On the christmas following my first year in college I recieved a small tool box stocked with tools. At the time I wasn't very exicited but the tool box came in handy and still continues to come in handy all the time. So thanks Dad!

Anyone have any memories of going to work with their parents?

2 comments:

Dan said...

For a while, my dad was a social worker that worked with children. I used to like to go see him there because the toys were different than the ones at home!

Chris said...

My dad was a college professor and he let me tag along with him a few times. He taught biology, and was in charge of a couple of LARGE salt water fishtanks at the school. He'd take me along to clean them and feed the fish a lot of times. He used to take a class to Jamaica every spring, how come he never took me with him on that one? The bad side to that class was the $3000 registration fee for the class!