Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Garage sales here I come!


Spring is my favorite season for a variety of reasons, one of which is the start of garage sale season. I absolutely love garage sales! They are full of interesting treasures and good deals. You get to peak into someones' past and their throwbacks could be your treasures. The only down side is you need to get up a little early to get the really good stuff!

Another bonus of spring is when people are too lazy to have a garage sale they often put good stuff out for the trash or free on their lawn. I have be known to flip U-turns or make Sean turn the car around to go back and investigate. On my way back from Robyn's on Sunday I did just that. I saw what appeared to be a perfectly good child gate out for the trash. Upon further investigation it seemed to be in working order so I stuck it in the back of the Beetle and took it home. This behavior has been known to embarrass some people however I just consider myself thrifty!

Tune in for more good finds or junk depending on your point of view!

7 comments:

Shari said...

I LOVE garage sales - I'll go with you anytime...

Chris said...

We are hoping to hit the garage sales this weekend to find a dresser for the little boy. A good place to look for where the good sales are is on craigslist under the garage sale section. Sorry about that website plug, hope it is OK!

Anonymous said...

At least Sean will stop. Josh just keeps driving until i either break him down with cajoling or i give up.

Craigslist rocks since it like one enormous stealth garage sale. Altho i still haven't found a new scale. And josh wont let me buy any of the solar panels i keep eying.

Chris said...

I want solar panels! I'm off to craigslist right now!

Kate said...

I love craig's list as well...I should start using it more often *wink* And I'll definately check out the garage sale section.

Unknown said...

mmm.... free junk, i find it ironic that people won't get cheap (and often good stuff) from garage sales or dormitory Dumpsters(enter rat society), but they won't hestitate to buy the shit at wal-mart, speaking of dumpster diving the semester is almost over :)

Anonymous said...

oooo, i scored a 5$ salter 5lb max digital scale. I am so excited, it takes so much longer to actually measure the ingredients especially when there is funky fractions involved. wonder how long it will take to break this one. cookies, pizza dough, cakes here i come.