Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Allergy Season

Since getting back from Puerto Rico I've been suffering horribly from my allergies. I take my Allerga everyday and put in my eye drops and I'm still miserable. If it doesn't get better by the end of the week I think I will have to call my doctor and get a stronger Rx. It really sucks because this is my favorite time of the year. I love all the flowers and the new leaves...and the fresh produce at the grocery store. I got cherries this past weekend which I've really been enjoying.

I can't wait for it to strawberry picking season. I'm determined to go this year since it will be our last chance before we move. If anyone is up for a trip in the nearest future let me know. I'm still need to do some research to find an Organic farm close by. Strawberries are one of the fruits that is highest sprayed with pesticides and what not...plus I've decided that based on taste alone I've had better luck with the organic ones...although I suppose I could call the farms to see how much spraying they do since they are local farms. I understand that is a bit of a pain to be certified organic so some farms maybe close and just haven't gotten certified. Anyways enough babbling about that!

Happy nice weather to everyone! Also keep fingers crossed to nice weather over the weekend too!

2 comments:

Shari said...

I'll go strawberry picking with you! How about Ward's Berry Farm? http://www.bostoncentral.com/activities/orchards/p748.php

Anonymous said...

in my search for a csa i found several sites that might help. www.localharvest.org, http://www.biodynamics.com/csa1.html#MA

and then google provided http://www.pickyourown.org/massstraw.htm

i couldn't figure out if any were close to you so good luck. My Strawberries have lots and lots of blossoms now that i got most of the weeds out of there bed. Now if i can just figure out how to keep the bird and slugs from eatting them all i will be in strawberry heaven soon.