Friday, May 4, 2007

BIG MOVE to the middle of no where...


Well now that it is official I might as well announce it to the world. Sean and I will be moving to Dayton Ohio in mid Aug. All of you may be asking Ohio? What the heck is in Ohio? Well the Air Force Institute of Technology is in Ohio. Sean will be starting a masters program there in September. We will also have our follow on assignment there so we'll be there for 5ish years. Well I'm not that excited about moving to the Midwest, this is an awesome opportunity for Sean! I support his fully in this decision to better himself by getting his masters. Also I'm hoping that it will increase his earning potential so I can continue to convince him that I can be a stay at home Mom when we decide to have kids in several years. He is not so keen on this idea and keeps pushing the you can work part time thing.

One of the other good things is that we can buy a house! Sean and I are really excited about the possibility of owning our own house. I'm already thinking about colors to paint certain rooms and the garden I can have in the back yard. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that I can have a space for my craft room again. We plan on having two guest rooms so all of you can come and visit when ever you like. I know Frontier flies direct from Denver so for you guys out there...cheap tickets maybe! As for the Bostoners it is only a short 850 mile drive! Just kidding there are airports and we will be willing to pick you up! We are also hoping to host family events if we have a big enough house. Like maybe Christmas or Thanksgivings one year! Family and friends are extremely important to me so I hope I can keep in touch with everyone! I will be of course keeping up this blog so you can always check it for the latest stuff I'm up to!

I know that Ohio will be a big change from Boston but I'm trying to go into it with an open mind so wish me luck! I will miss Boston more than I ever thought I would!!! It will never be Colorado but it was an awesome place to live for a few years and I wish it had been a few more. Sean and I have a jam packed summer already but I'm still hoping to fit into some of the things I want to do before leaving. Check back later for the list.

4 comments:

Shari said...

You will be so missed...but I'm very excited for you and this new adventure. And I plan to visit more often than you realize...

Dan said...

We are definitely going to miss you guys! As Shari said, we plan on seeing you often and we already gave you a reason for your first visit back here!

Chris said...

Wow, that's big time news! That sounds like it will be very cool! We are very excited for you and Sean. Good luck with finding a house too, I know that is something you both have wanted for some time now. Don't forget to make sure it has a big backyard for Quincy!

brette said...

Hey! Ohio is not the middle of no where!

One of Joe's good friends lives in Dayton, I'll give you here email when I get it from him. She's really fun and would probably be more than happy to start a book club with you.

Also, I send you a list of places to hike and check out in Columbus. Unfortunately, I don't know Dayton that well, but I'm sure that there's plenty of fun stuff to do there.