Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Enjoying the last moments of Spring


Spring is my favorite season of the entire year. I love the weather and the flowers. The last week has been absolutely beautiful. I've taken a walk almost every single day to just soak up the sunshine. Soon it will be summer and the sun will be too hot during the middle of the day. I will have to start walking with an umbrella at lunch again so I don't get burnt.

Some of the other reasons I love spring is that it is the beginning of produce season. I love berries of all varieties. I have already gotten some decent strawberries, blackberries, and cherries. I also picked up a really good piece of watermelon last week that Sean and I ate in one sitting. I wish I have room to have a garden this year. I plan on helping the guy across the street with his so I'll be ready to have one next year.

This weekend I plan on going to the nursery to get some flowers for my pots that I put on the front porch. My herbs are still growing strong. The cilantro is crowding my basil so I need to cut it back tonight so it doesn't kill the basil. I may have to transplant the basil to another pot if that doesn't help.

The above photo is from my trip to Seattle in March. It was taken at the Belluve Botanical Gardens. I'm thinking about having it printed in an 8 X 10. What you do you guys think? It is good enough for a bigger size?

2 comments:

Shari said...

DEFINITELY!

Robyn said...

very beautiful. go for it!